PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Beginner

keegan99k9
02-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Hello to all,
I would like to start trading online and have been reading about forex for a couple of days. Can somebody recommend me a good book for a newbie like me? I don't know anything about forex. I would like to understand the basics and read more about it, and hopefully in 2-3 months time start making profit.

Raul Lopez
02-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Hello,

Please take a look at this thread for some recommended books:

http://www.straightforex.com/sfc/showthread.php?t=143

Regards,

Raul Lopez

Lady4trading
12-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Good list of books..

well as of me, i could recommend Trading in the zone since trading in terms of emotions is one of the most important factor as a trader.. though the other books are good as well.. Just spend a quality time studying and learning..

So best of luck!:)

oharas
10-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Yes!!! I got my demo there guys!!! It?s nice to know that the website that I trust on there are more people who trust too. Good for them!!!

santos
10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello to all,
I would like to start trading online and have been reading about forex for a couple of days. Can somebody recommend me a good book for a newbie like me? I don't know anything about forex. I would like to understand the basics and read more about it, and hopefully in 2-3 months time start making profit.

Hello newbie, there isn?t any books that I would recommend given that all the information you need is in cyberspace. Everything you need is online so look there. And another thing I wouldn?t recommend you trading your money in 3 months, too short to really understand the system.

kellyk
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Hello Santos can you send me some links, I am new to Forex and I want to identify the key terms and the how to do many things. Thanks.

pete
10-07-2008, 12:50 PM
You can get key terms in any good site, but you have to look and make sure they are reliable. Here is a list of some:
Account - A systematic record of transaction of goods and services owed by one person to another.
Aggressor : A forex trader dealing on a cost that can be obtained in the Forex market.
Ask : The quoted price at which a currency pair or security is accessible for sale. This is also known as the 'offer', 'ask price', and 'ask rate'.
Ask Price : The quoted price at which a currency pair or security is offered for sale.
Ask Rate : This the rate at which a financial instrument or currency is offered for sale.
Asset : Assets are essentially anything of value, which an organization owns. Any item having commercial or exchange value can also be called as an asset.
Appreciation : An increase in the value of currency rate in response to market demand.
Arbitrage : The purchase of an instrument and concurrent taking of an equal and turn around position in a related market.
Around : Dealer jargon used in quoting when the forward premium is near parity.
Asset Allocation : Investment practice that splits funds among diverse Fx markets to accomplish diversification for risk management rationales.

alisha
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Pete did you get those from ********* because I just read a list like that last night there, they helped me a lot and now I can understand these forums better.

robert_fassbinder
12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Can anybody ban forespanol please?

Anne09
02-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Robert Dorfman's Hedge Fund Trading Secrets Revealed, which was fantastic,..I learned so much…. Jim Cramers's Confessions of a Street Addict(written before he got super famous) and Richard Arms’ Stop and Make Money: How To Profit in the Stock Market Using Volume and Stop Orders. All 3 are fascinating and very informative and gave me info on how all this stuff works…